Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Designing a Label

So those of you who read my blog and happened to look at my links may be wondering why I have a link for Hockey in Art, especially since I said I was going to keep this blog purely beer oriented. Well, this is one of my good friends, Nate Gandt's website. As you can see from his two web sites, he has quite the knack for art (and he should since he attended the Art Institute of Pittsburgh).

We've known each other for about 15 years now and I enlisted his help for the creation of bottle labels for some of the beers that I will be featuring on this web site. I by no means am going to try to take any credit for these designs, other than the names.

Here is the normal logo:



Where that blank diamond is at the bottom of the label, Nate and I are going to come up with some creative little logos to throw in there, specific to each of the beers getting the label treatment.  Below are examples of the Beef on Weck Ale and the Spiced Fruit Holiday Ale:






As always any comments are welcome.

Primary: Beef on Weck Ale
Secondary: American Pale Ale
Carbonating: Rye-rish Red Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment